What is a Router in woodworking?
A router is a hand or power tool which is used by a worker to rout (hollow out) an area in relatively hard material like wood or plastic. They are mainly used in woodworking, especially cabinetry. They are typically handheld or fastened cutting end-up in a router table.
Here is a list of some of the available best Routers in India are:
1. Bosch POF 1400 ACE Router
With its POF 1400 ACE, this Bosch Router is very advantageous for all DIYers who want to also perform demanding applications. It has 1400 watt motor making it an exceptionally powerful tool. It has many features like the routing depth adjustment and the Constant Electronic. This device has been tested accoring to the Tried-and-tested Bosch safety features and is very easy to use. It comes with a wide range of accessories which helps us to perform a wide variety of applications.
- The Bosch Constant Electronic keeps the selected speed constant at all times which ensures optimum cut quality
- Routing depth fine adjustment. It is accurate to 1/10 mm
- It has an integrated spindle lock with powerful 1400 watt motor for demanding tasks in all types of wood
- It has dust extraction port for dust free working
- It also has ergonomic design with soft grip which is very convenient for working
2. Stanley SRR1200 Variable Speed Plunge Router
Stanley SRR1200 has a 1200 watt, variable router that is used by the tradesmen across the globe. Various of its features are variable speed, large side handles, spindle lock, anti-static shoe, safety lock and triple depth settings which make Stanley SRR1200 a popular choice.
- Its triple depth presetting for adjusting plunge depth allows the precise working in several steps
- Flat motor housing enables upside down, easier bit changes
- Large side handles give a sure grip for improved safety and control
- It has a spindle lock for easy cutter change
- To avoid starting the tool accidentally safety lock-off trigger is present.
- Variable speed gives the user more control to prevent burning of the material being shaped
- 3 collets provided to suit all shank sizes up to 8mm