What is a Planer?
A planer is a woodworking machine which is used to smooth out the wood. It can be used to trim out the boards to a consistent thickness throughout their length so that the board is flat on both the surfaces. Its most important advantage is that it can produce a board with a consistent thickness, and does not produce a tapered board.
What are the best planers you can buy online in India?
If you’re a serious woodworker, then a hand planer is a necessary addition to your shop. The following planers consists of the latest components to help ensure you do your best work.
This is a 3.25 inch hand planer design which consists of very lightweight components and a powerful 7.5AMP motor rotating at 16,000 RPM for the closest and deepest levelling. The Makita KP0810 can go easily up to 5/32 inch deep and can cut 3-14 inch wide in a single pass. It is designed to be easily handled; this hand planer has depth adjustment on the handle and a rubber grip with a front base which is made up of aluminium housing. It features a 7.5AMP motor which provides more output power consisting of two blade cutters head. It gives 16000 RPM for increased stock removal. For added performance they have added double edge carbide blades.
- Planes up to 3-1/4” wide and 5/32” deep in a single pass
- 2-Blade cutter head for the removing of material fast
- The ejection can be done from either side of the tool
- Depth adjust knob features an easy-to-read scale with click stops in 0.1mm increments for precise depth adjustment
- It has a depth adjustment knob for comfort and control and ergonomically designed rubber grip to make more comfortable
- The blades and work piece are protected by the spring loaded stand
- Lock on/off button which is conveniently located which can be operated from either side of the handle
- The weight of the tool is 7.3 pounds with a rubberized handle for comfort
- It comes with blade gauge assembly, wrench, guide rule, depth guide, and blade set
For a serious woodworker, a Dewalt DW680K is an excellent addition to have in your wood working shop. Even on the toughest applications it produces steady and level results. It can cut up to 3/32 inches in a single pass which increases the function and quality. It has reversible carbide blades which are helpful for sharpening and very ideal for straight edge or framings. It has ergonomically set in rubber grip for comfort. To ensure that the positions are fine tuned a calibrated depth adjustment knob is present
- This product is highly durable and easy to use
- Its heavy duty 7.0 AMP motor can even cut into the hardest of woods
- It can cut 3/32 inch maximum in one pass which reduces the number of passes on your material
- Calibrated Depth Adjustment Knob is present for accurate depth setting
- It has ergonomically set in rubber grip for comfort.